1stHelp is the first tool of it’s kind, a searchable database dedicated to finding emotional, financial and religious assistance for first responders. In addition to assisting first responders in finding crisis-specific help, it will collect suicide and traumatic-stress events. This information will be used to save and improve the quality of lives of first responders.
Who are we? Friends, family members and first responders with a varying degree of education and experience. Our common passion is providing first responders with support and understanding.
Why? Because it needs to start somewhere, we have chosen to volunteer our time into this effort in the hope that it will make the mental health of first responders a priority.
Is the personal information (names, email addresses, etc.) about suicide and traumatic-stress confidential? Yes. Any personal information you enter about your traumatic-stress will not be shared with your family, department or other agencies. It is solely for our files in case we want to clarify a detail or validate your information. We want to provide statistics to save other lives, not provide a vehicle to condemn yours.
How can you help?
– Share this page with every first responder you know and everyone that loves a first responder.
– When a first responder commits suicide, record it here.
– If you are a first responder and have post-traumatic stress, record it here.
– If you provide any type of assistance to first responders, register for inclusion in our database here.
– Join our mailing list here so we can provide updates and important information.
It’s time that we join together to prove that first responders have unique needs that must be met to live safe, happy lives.